Navigate:

Thursday 10 July 2008

Oh So Me Too!! 1.5

After writing the blog "Oh So Me Too" on 2nd July, I thought well said my piece, time to move on...

Oh I should know better -

Few days later I'm reading 'The Street Bible" (now known as The Word on the Street)

Decided to look up Amos 5:21-25 & half way through reading there is this, well... Slap in the face, a thunderclap moment if you will. Best part is I wasn't alone & now my 13yr old daughter is wondering why I'm doubled-up with laughter, (feeling like) practically rolling about the floor.

Not sure why I was 'cept to say that this translation of the Bible is even more appropriate for how I feel just now!

The words & phrasing just so resonated with me that I had to:
Firstly, thank God for saying it in the 1st place & pointing me to it now.
Secondly send it out the to the 'universal ether' known as the Internet.


I feel it will possibly resonate & connect more with us 'Army Types' but any 'church going christian' should understand what God is, to me, so clearly saying....

" God Says, 'Can't stand your religion - it turns my stomach. I detest your meetings.

Yeah, fine, you bring me your offerings by the book, but I'll throw them back in your smug faces.

You bring me your peace offerings, but they mean nothing; so I'll ignore them.

Oh, and your songs: just shut up: they're doing my head in! If I hear one more tambourine I'm going to scream!

What I want to hear is the roaring river of justice sweeping through your towns.

What I want is for the right things you do to wash away the dry, hard, crusted build-up of evil.' "

Amos 5: 21-24 (Word on the Street Translation)
I'm not setting out to offend or irritate - it's just how I feel; and God, I feel is trying to point the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Creative Commons License
This blog & it's works by Alex "Aldakila" Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 UK: Scotland License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://aldakila.viviti.com/.
Share/Save/Bookmark