Navigate:

Friday 5 June 2009

Thought 2009/8: Where has childhood gone




This news story that @jdblundell twitter'd, got me a little bothered, so I shared my indirect thoughts on Friendfeed. Not sure why it did perturb me entirely, but it did. Probably influenced by this earlier 'rant'.
Decided to share it with my blog friends too..

So...


What follows is exactly what I said there, (unedited & straight from my heart then brain -allegedly) :

"Where has childhood gone?
Sexualizing of society in advertising & beyond; "hands-off parenting"? more like "hands-off" society - no-one wants to take responsibility - its always someone else's job to sort it.. the blame game is just going to lead to a downward spiral!

.. "it wasn't me! or who can I sue? or no-one stopped me!" or anything similar shouldn't stand up to scrutiny.
But who is watching out for others? Who is going to stand up & be, firstly an example of action, & secondly a positive voice? YOU? or what about.. YOU hiding behind 'trendy excuse of the day?'
In the end, if you don't stand up with positive action.. then just sit down & keep your words of condemnation to yourself!! {Actions or being an Example shouts so much louder than all the words in the world!}

- Just my opinion, but wrong as what the 13yr girl was doing is... where was the positive action that would have lead to a possibly different life experience? For her & thousands-upon-thousands like her?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Creative Commons License
This blog & it's works by Alex "Aldakila" Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 UK: Scotland License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://aldakila.viviti.com/.
Share/Save/Bookmark